West Virginia barbers and cosmetologists must fulfill a requirement of 4 hours of continuing education every year to renew their West Virginia cosmetology license. The renewal deadline is December 31st of every year. However, if you have 10 to 20 years or more of experience, you are only required to take a 3-hour sanitation course every other year (see details in FAQ below).
Caution: Not all online continuing education courses are approved in West Virginia for license renewal, so before taking a course other than ours, you will want to make sure that the course is approved. If your continuing education provider is not approved by the West Virginia Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists, then the course will not count toward your continuing education hours needed to renew your license. The good news is that Beauty Academy is an approved provider (#P0023) of continuing education. To view our approval, visit http://epay.wvsto.com/BBCProviderClasses/course_listing.aspx.
Approved Online Courses
How does this course work?
- Click on the “Start the Course” button above to begin
your course immediately. You can stop and save the course at any time. Just come back to this page and click on the “Resume a Saved Course” button to log back into your course.
- You can complete the entire course without purchasing it. There is no final exam! You just need to read through each of the slides. Once you have completed the last slide, you will be finished and we will be notified as well. It is that easy!
- When you have finished the course, click on the BUY NOW button above. After you purchase the course, we will email you your certificate of completion. If you purchase after 2 pm CST, we will email your certificate the next business day.
Still got questions about continuing education in West Virginia? Read on!
You must take the 4-hour class unless you meet one of the following conditions:
- Hair Stylists, Aestheticians, Waxing Specialists, Nail Technicians/Manicurists, Barber Permanent Wavists or Barbers that perform chemical services who have been licensed for twenty (20) years or more are exempt from the continuing education requirements but must take a 3-hour sanitation class every other year.
- Standard Barbers that do not perform chemical services and Cosmetologists are required to complete 4 hours of continuing education for the first 10 years that they are licensed. After a standard Barber that does not perform chemical services or a Cosmetologist has been licensed for 10 years, they are required to complete a 3-hour sanitation course every other year for 10 more years. After a standard Barber that does not perform chemical services or a Cosmetologist has been licensed for 20 years, they are no longer required to complete continuing education hours.
Do you offer any continuing education training that is not online?
We offer online continuing education to renew your West Virginia Cosmetology license. We do not offer any classroom continuing education courses for West Virginia. We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Do you provide me with a certificate of completion when I finish your continuing education course?
Yes, all graduates of our West Virginia cosmetology continuing education course will receive a certificate of completion. We can either email, mail, or fax the certificate to you.
Do I need to provide my certificate to the West Virginia Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists to prove that I completed my continuing education when I renew my license?
The West Virginia Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists may ask you to provide them with a copy of your continuing education certificate, so be sure to hang on to it.
Are these courses approved?
Yes, our courses are approved by the West Virginia Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists and will fulfill your continuing education requirements.
Do I have to finish the entire course in one sitting?
No, you can complete your entire West Virginia cosmetology continuing education course today, or over the course of several days, picking up right where you left off.
Can I take this course on my phone?
Yes, our courses are mobile-compatible. You can take our courses on your smartphone or tablet.
Do you renew my license for me?
No. Completing your continuing education credits does not complete the renewal of your license. Once you have completed all of your required continuing education, you must pay the West Virginia Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists the license renewal fees, as we cannot do that for you.
What if I still have questions about completing my continuing education?
No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists at (888)290-9739 or email us at email@example.com and we can walk you through what you need to do to complete your West Virginia cosmetology continuing education requirements.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to complete our cosmetology continuing education courses in Charleston, Morgantown, Huntington, Wheeling, Martinsburg, Beckley, Parkersburg, Clarksburg, Fairmont, or Elkins; our online continuing education courses for West Virginia cosmetologists can be completed from anywhere. What are you waiting for? Check out our courses and get started on your continuing education today!